4 oz. Mission Organics® Yellow Corn Tortilla Chips
1 tbsp. Butter
1 large Shallot, minced
1 lb. Ground beef
1 tbsp. Chili powder
1 tbsp. Smoked paprika
1 tbsp. Cumin
1 tsp. Garlic powder
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Black pepper
1 bottle Mexican beer of your choice
Juice from 2 limes
1 ¼ cups Half & half
1 ½ cups Mixed Mexican blend shredded cheese
½ cup Extra sharp cheddar
For the topping:
Serrano pepper, sliced
- Heat pan to medium-high heat.
- Add minced shallots and butter, sauté till golden. Add ground beef and remaining seasonings. Brown beef and drain fat once fully cooked.
- Add beer, and scrape the bottom of the pan to de-glaze.
- Let simmer, stirring occasionally allowing flavors to meld, until reduced (about 2-3 minutes). Set aside.
- In a separate medium-sized sauce pan, heat milk till almost simmering (will just begin to boil at the edge).
- Reduce heat to low, slowly stir in shredded cheese, mixing till you achieve a silky texture.
- Combine the queso with the cooked beef.
- Garnish with slices of avocado, sliced serranos, or chopped cilantro.
- Serve with Mission Organics® Yellow Corn Tortilla Chips and enjoy.