Mission Organics® Flour Tortillas
½ cup sweet potato, peeled and diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
¼ cup red onion, chopped
4 tablespoons red bell pepper, chopped
4 tablespoons green bell pepper, chopped
1 cup baby spinach, loosely packed
½ cup avocado, sliced
¼ cup white onion, sliced (optional)
Salt & black pepper, as desired
½ cup Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
- Place sweet potatoes in a one-quart saucepan with 2 cups of water. Bring the water to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer until the vegetable is fork tender, about 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in medium non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add onions, red and green bell peppers, stirring constantly until vegetables are tender, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Warm tortillas for 10 to 15 seconds on each side on an ungreased pan.
- To assemble the burrito, place baby spinach each tortilla. Layer on sweet potatoes, onions, and bell peppers.
- Top with avocado, onion, cheese and a pinch of salt & black pepper.
- Roll up sides and serve warm.
Makes 4 small burritos