Mission Organics® Whole Wheat Tortillas
4 tomatillos, husked removed and rinsed
¼ cup white onion
1 jalapeño pepper
¼ cup cilantro
1/4 tsp salt
3 tbsp canola oil
3/4 cup cooked diced red potatoes
1 cup red bell pepper, diced
Salt & black pepper, to taste
1/3 cup Colby Jack Cheese, shredded
4 tsp sour cream (optional)
- Prepare green salsa by placing tomatillos, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, and salt in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Transfer to saucepan and cook until tomatillo sauce changes color to olive green about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in medium non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add potatoes and red bell peppers, stirring constantly until potatoes are lightly browned and peppers are tender, about 4 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Warm tortillas for 10 to 15 seconds on each side in an ungreased pan.
- Assemble flautas by spreading the mixture and shredded cheese evenly on center each tortilla, leaving a half inch border around the edges. Roll up the tortillas tightly. Heat 2 tablespoons canola oil on same skillet over medium high heat. Place flautas seam side down and allow to cook for 2 minutes. Carefully flip and continue cooking until evenly golden and crisp, about 4 to 5 minutes total.
- Top flautas with warm green salsa and garnish with sour cream.
Makes 4 flautas