Mission Organics® Flour Tortillas
1 cup sweet potato, peeled and sliced
2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
¼ cup onion
1 teaspoon garlic
1 teaspoon serrano chili
2 teaspoons cilantro
2 tablespoons organic vegetable broth
¼ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons canola oil
6 oz. Longaniza or chorizo
4 tablespoons red onions, chopped
¼ teaspoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons Cotija cheese, crumbled
- Fill a non-stick skillet with 1” water, and place over medium high heat. Place sliced sweet potato in hot water and cook until fork tender about 2 to 4 minutes. Set aside.
- To make red salsa: place tomatoes, onion, garlic, serrano, cilantro, stock and salt in blender. Blend until smooth. Heat up 2 teaspoon canola oil in non-stick sauce pan over medium high heat. Add salsa, cook for about 4 to 6 minutes or until tomato changes to a deeper red color.
- Heat longaniza (or chorizo) over medium high heat in medium non-stick skillet. Cook for about 2 to 4 minutes or until meat is cooked; stirring frequently. Set aside. In same skillet, add red onions and sauté until softened, about 1 minute; stirring constantly. Add sweet potatoes and cumin, and stir until sweet potatoes are cooked through.
- Warm tortillas for 10 to 15 seconds on each side on an ungreased pan
- Assemble tacos by spooning sweet potato mixture onto the tortilla and topping with salsa roja and cotija cheese.
Makes 4 tacos